So last month I brought the CTS in to the dealer to get an oil change, and over the next few days, I noticed it had started to leak oil. I took it back in to the dealer and they told me the seals in the oil system had gone bad and that it would cost $2000 to get it fixed (90% of the cost was labor). This car already had the right rear shock was leaking fluid and cruise control was spotty at times; we had already been talking about getting a vehicle with more space, so we decided to not spend more money on the car and buy a new one.
I have to admit it has been really nice over the last couple of years not having a car payment, but it is really difficult to travel now between the dog and all of the stuff we need for the baby. We were looking at smaller crossovers and wanted something nice, but we didn't want to spend a ton of money since Michelle is not working again yet. We narrowed it down to the Cadillac SRX and Ford Edge after test driving about 5 cars, and looking at about 12. When it came down to it, the Edge had a more space in the rear seats and had just about everything the SRX did, and it was about 6k cheaper, so that is what we bought.
So far we really like it and have no complaints, there is a lot of technology in the car which is fun for me to play with so I can teach Michelle. I am attaching a couple of pictures from the Internet of the color and style we bought, I didn't feel like pulling our car out and taking pictures. So welcome to the family Edgy!


No comments:
Post a Comment