So it has been over a week now since we took Lou into our home and we have been so happy that we did. After his initial visit to the Vet, we found out that he had a yeast infection in both ears and a bad case of whipworm (intestinal parasite) on top of the flea problem we knew he already had. His ears are now clean and a lot less itchy to him, the worms seem to be gone, and we haven't found any fleas recently, so he is in a lot better shape now. He hasn't peed in the house yet, which is great since he is not neutered (another trip to the Vet soon....), and hasn't tried to run away when he has gotten out of the house off the leash. We have actually started to let him hang out in the garage with me while I have been doing some painting of the furniture for upstairs and he has been staying close by. We still have some obedience training to do with him, but all things considered he is a great dog.
I have still been trying to get the house organized and everything where we want it. I spent this past weekend sanding and painting the dresser/bookshelves for the guest room and still need to finish that up. We are trying to get things organized since we will have people visiting this weekend for Michelle's shower on Saturday. There is still lots to do, so between projects around the house and now Lou, we are staying very busy.
I have been coming home for lunch every day to walk Lou, and sending pictures to Michelle because she misses him during the day. Here are a couple that I have sent on our lunch hour.


No comments:
Post a Comment