Saturday, December 11, 2010

Busy Bee's

I know it has been a while since our last post, but we have been very busy over the past couple of weeks. On December 2, we celebrated Cecelia's one month Birthday and had her one month checkup. We are proud to say that she finally surpassed her birth weight and weighed 8 lbs 9.5 oz and was 21.5 inches long. It took her a month to get back to birth weight, so the Pediatrician told us to keep up the schedule of feeding every three hours, so poor Michelle hasn't had a good nights rest since before the baby.

Michelle has also been struggling with a rash that started out as little bumps on her legs, and really flared up on her hips and breasts. It continued to spread on her legs, arms, and back, and we have already spent about $800 on different types of topical creams to help control it, but have had little luck. So between getting only little burst of sleep at a time and a rash that itches like crazy, Michelle has had a rough couple of weeks. We did start a new topical cream on Thursday that has seemed to help reduce the inflammation and itching of the rash, but it can only be used twice a day and the effects wear off after a couple of hours. I am thinking that it is still PUPPs, which is something that Michelle dealt with during pregnancy, but it is rare after giving birth. Hopefully she will get some relief soon so that it helps make motherhood even more enjoyable.

I have been very busy at work, which has kept me away from home more than I would like. We had a record sales month last month and are looking like we will come close to the same numbers this month, so there is a ton of work to get done. It was also officially announced yesterday that I received a promotion and will be taking a newly created position in the company. The title is Product Supply Chain Lead and is taken from the Clorox business model. I will serve as a single point of contact for our operations team to ensure new product launches and changes to existing products are successfully executed from an operations stand point. It will get me a lot more exposure to the business side of things and is something that I am really looking forward to doing.

So things are going great for us right now, we just need to get Michelle's rash taking care of and it will be even better. Here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment